Friday, April 29, 2016

Furry toddlers

I recently adopted a one year-old Siberian Husky. My parents have a husky, who is a sweetheart and a relatively calm dog for the breed (he is older, though), and while I knew this new dog was going to be nuts, I was COMPLETELY FLOORED at how unbelievably similar he was to my three year-old twin boys.

This is Chewbarka the Woofiee, who has earned his name (changed from "Theo") due to his INSATIABLE appetite and love of chomping.


"I WILL DESTROY YOUR EVERYTHING!"

So, not even kidding, Chewy is a 43 pound furry toddler. I watch him with my boys, and I'm grateful that he's such a great-tempered dog... he never jumps on them (I am not off-limits though), he's calm and gentle with them, lays in bed with them while they nap, runs alongside them back and forth across the house... he was an instant fit when we first met him and he's been awesome!

However, Chewy is very chewy.
Chewy is hyper.
Chewy is ornery.
Chewy is an asshole.
Chewy is exactly like my toddlers.

Here's a fun little chart, for those of you considering a Siberian Husky as the newest addition to your family. They are awesome dogs, and so much fun. They are very friendly and sweet once they get used to you. BUT IT IS LITERALLY LIKE HAVING A TODDLER. Tread carefully if you are kid-free or have enough of them on your hands already.


No comments:

Post a Comment